Harry Potter Moment of the Week is a feature started by Leah over at Uncorked Thoughts. The idea is to get Harry Potter fans together and discuss our favorite things about the series; be it a favorite moment, character, magical item, spell, quote or object from the books, films or J.K Rowling herself.
For this week We’re talking about saving only ONE character from death, and I can’t just pick one. I mean cmon Snape, Dumbledore, Fred, Dobby, Sirius, Remus, Tonks….
Well, I’ll just do my math here now, shortlist the deaths that affected me the most and then pick one.
- Dumbledore: We’re all sad but he’s lived a good long life so I guess we can move on by now. (or not..)
- Dobby: I remember sobbing during the read and the movies, I wanted something to reincarnate him back to life, such a precious soul, and a dear friend to our Harry, but I guess if he had to leave there wasn’t a better time as he saved our hero and friends and then departed in peace.
- Fred: The Battle seemed like a defeat when I learn about Fred’s death. No coming back from it, ever, and George will never be the same the Weasley family will never be the same.
- Tonks and Lupin: I hated that both died, hated that they were pregnant, hated that they couldn’t be brought back to life. (I guess not enough to save my one card)
- Snape: I couldn’t make peace with Snape’s death, he deserved better, he should’ve died a more honorable way. Give him another chance? I would but…
You see that, right there, broken heart, tears running down, hell broke loose. I couldn’t be more upset about anyone’s death more than Sirius Black’s. He was the only one Harry had left with, someone to call Family as the Dudleys were nothing close. If I could bring one person back to life it would be him, to give him another chance on playing Godfather, to be there for Harry after everything ends.
Help him woo Genny and tease the hell out of him at the same time, make a home for Harry, be by his side and later spoil Albus and the rest.